Friday, November 15, 2013

Monday Muses - Special Picture Book

   One picture book I'll always have close to my heart is "Goodnight Moon" by Margaret Wise Brown. Its a book I always used to read as a kid, and still remember to this very day. I've known and remembered  the book as long as I can remember, though I barely its contents, as it recently went missing. I do remember, though, that each page had a separate text saying "good night" to something. I can't remember what the book contents was, but I've always remembered the pictures of that book .
                                   
The picture were really simple, but manged to capture me in a way. I remember staring at the green room, the picture of the the cow jumping over the moon, and looking at the window with the stars and moon outside with the dark blue sky. I also remember looking for the hidden mouse in the pages, and spotting the mouse just added to the fun of reading the book. I also was enthralled with the red and green curtains and how they match the green room so well. All of these little features managed to catch my heart with the book.
   
     I also will always remember the page that was just blank that said "Goodnight nobody" always made me crack a smile. This book will also always remind me of the house I grew up in, and had to move from. I remember it always being on that same , dusty bookshelf that I read book from. I never saw the book again after I moved, but I hope to find it again, as it is a book I used to read, and one I keep close to my heart, as always. I've read other books when I was little that I really enjoyed, but in a way, I'll never feel the same way I feel about them as I do "Goodnight Moon".     
       

2 comments:

  1. Nice job talking about the way you remember the pictures. Also, I liked how you talked about why you remember these specific things. You remembered the red curtains because they matched the green wall,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. I liked how you described the pages in the book. I liked how you described your feelings when you saw specific things in the book. I also liked how you connected the book to the house you grew up in.

    ReplyDelete