Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Million Dollar Throw Reading Response

                "A Million Dollar Throw" by Mike Lupica, in my opinion, was a sappy yet touching book at the same time. It starts off with main character Nate Brodie, nicknamed Brady, a football quarterback on his team. One day, he gets a chance to win a million dollars by throwing a pass through a target in a football game. Nate's excited, but also starts feeling pressure build on him, as his parents go through money problems and his best friend Abby is slowly going blind.
                  To be honest this story kind of touched me in a way, as throughout the story Nate feels the pressure on his shoulders build. I felt connected to Nate, as throughout the story starts slowly losing confidence in himself, when he starts playing bad enough that he has to sit out for some games. The ending in way shocked me, but really didn't, as he makes the throw in the target, but spends the money for surgery on his friend Abby's eyes. He uses the rest of the money to stop his parents from selling the house due to money problems. This is the part of the book, in my opinion was a bit sappy, but touching at the same time.
         Overall, A Million Dollar Throw was a good book overall, with its hard to deal with and touching parts as Nate deals with one crisis over another, with everyday problems that could happen to anybody in a way, and I was glad to have read it for the summer.   

3 comments:

  1. The way you summed up the piece was good and the vocabulary you used was also impressive. The only not so great thing of the piece was that you repeated some words a bit too many times and summarized too much. All in all, though, your piece interested me and the way you expressed your feelings about it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you reviewed the book, I feel the same as you, I can also imagine how much pressure is put on Nate, because he must realize how important this throw is to his best friend and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you described your own opinion on how you saw the different kinds of relationships between the conflicts of the character.

    ReplyDelete